Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Muse at Sexy Sur

It seems the Muse was out and about and enjoying the charms of Sur in West Hollywood.  Sur and her sister restaurant Villa Blanca in Beverly Hills are both quite nice and enjoy a "Moroccan" flavor to the decor with their Spanish-Middle Eastern-No. African influences.  I've been to both places and they are very charming and exotic in a "Midnight at the Oasis" kind of way (I love that song).

I hope he enjoyed the food too.  Villa Blanca has a dish similar to my mom's chicken fricasse' which was rich in spices, olives, raisins, and cut up potatoes.   Will have to check out the menu next time to see if Sur serves it.  I'm getting hungry just thinking about it and it's almost 2:30 a.m.  Darn!  Wonder if mom included it in all the recipes she wrote down for me when I got married so many years ago.   I remember that she (as grandma taught her) always served it over rice but it is wonderful over couscous too!

We've been having great weather in La La Land and it looks like G has been making the most of it while he's here.   I wonder how long he shall grace us with his presence?  Not long, I think, as the man is always on the move and I don't think he can stand to be in one place for too long before he starts getting antsy.

Laker Game

He's been keeping company with the likes of producer Avi Lerner (Playing the Field), who has floor seats right next to uber Laker fan Jeffrey Katzenberg (DreamWorks) and in those photos it looked like he just rolled out of bed from an afternoon nap and just in time to make the game.   At least I am assuming he was napping, although with Gerry's reputation one never knows if he actually was sleeping or ....

Well...never mind!   It's always nice for actors to be in the good graces of the people with the clout to get movies made and, as we've observed before,  Gerry does pretty well in that regard.

Life seems to be going well for Mr. B. at the moment.  Let's hope his troubles are behind him and he is smart enough to keep his nose clean.  I like to see him when he's up.

Oooops!  Did I just really write that? (grins)

Songs out of tune, the words always a little wrong...Canzoni Stonate

No comments:

Post a Comment