Saturday, October 29, 2011

Two Great Snaps from Santa Cruz

Back from my trip a few days ago and playing catch up, as the credit card bills start rolling in.  If anyone is interested I am posting some of the photographs and highlights of our trip on the other blog as I get them sorted out.

I need to catch up with what is happening in Gerry land, but I did  see several great  photos from the Mavericks' shoot in Santa Cruz and although they are already probably all over the internet, will post them here.

Smile for the Camera!
Meanwhile, hope all is well with the Muse and that filming is going smoothly.  It can't be too warm in Santa Cruz this time of year, especially in the early mornings.   University of California Santa Cruz was one of the universities D was accepted at eons ago and we made the trip up to check it out.  We stayed at a small hotel on the beach and heard the waves pounding all night.   The campus was beautiful as the smell of cannabis floated through the trees.

I have friends that live in Santa Cruz, but they live in the hills overlooking the city and have great memories of a lobster and crab fest at their home where they welcomed some of D's friends too.  Her friends thought my friends were the greatest.  All their kids surfed, of course.

D ended up going to another famous party school, UCSB and even though she partied as hard as the rest of them, she managed to make the Dean's List most of her time there.   I'm not sure how she did it, but I do remember those late night calls when she would pull all nighters before exams to go over some of her Spanish notes.  If those walls could speak!

Anyhow, I am going to the AFI Filmfest next week and have bought a special screening pass.  Am looking forward to seeing Coriolanus.  Also hope to catch Shame and Carnage (both Galas) if I can make it to stand in line.

Looking Good, Baby!


Am sending wishes for good weather to G. and company in Santa Cruz.

Songs out of tune, the words always a little wrong...Canzoni Stonate

No comments:

Post a Comment