Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Field is Looking Better Every Day

With the addition of Catherine Zeta Jones and Judy Greer,  the Gabriele Muccino directed Gerard Butler comedy filming in Shreveport is showing more promise every day.
Sweet and charming?
Word has leaked that Stuart Blumberg is working on the script originally penned by Robbie Fox and that is another bit of good news for those of us following this project.  Blumberg, who is responsible for the excellent Kids are All Right,  gives this story more heft and I read somewhere that the movie is evolving into one with a European feel to it, even though it has an American setting.  I was hoping Muccino's helming would do that, but I am beginning to think that Butler may also be responsible for the direction this is taking.

In another post last month, I had a few wishes for this film and I hope that the addition of these three players will bode well in bringing it closer to the movie I'd like to see.  The rest will depend on how Butler plays it.

Remember Gerry, if you are going to do comedy, make your character sweet and charming and leave the snark to others this time around.   It worked for Beatty.   I think you can put the critics in your pocket if you pull this one off.

Songs out of tune, the words always a little wrong...Canzoni Stonate

No comments:

Post a Comment