Friday, March 4, 2011

Bouillabaisse Anyone?

Photo courtesy of Just Jared
I see that the muse is waiting for a lunch date with someone at Comme Ca.

Good choice Butler!  I go there when I'm in the mood for the informality and for the Bouillabaisse (with lobster).  When I was there a few weeks ago, I started off with 1/2 doz. oysters and the beet salad and followed the French seafood stew with the profiteroles for dessert.   Funny with all the times I've been there, I've never gone for lunch. What a splendid idea.

I like sitting in the front of the restaurant, although for privacy  and quiet, the back room is probably more desirable.  

Like some restaurants, the men and women's restroom share communal sinks.  Can you imagine coming out of the ladies room and finding him standing near you washing his hands?   It wouldn't be the first time I've encountered a celeb under those circumstances. 

One of my favorite things to do when I have reservations  for dinner (advisable) is to go early, check out the jeans at Helmut Lang (great fit through thighs and bum), the sweaters at Theory and the dresses at DVF on the corner, then walk back down to Comme Ca to dine.  My favorite waiter always comes over to greet me.  He's a very polite young guy and from the very first time he waited on me he never fails to come over and  say hello, whether he is my waiter  for the night or not.  It makes me feel welcome, especially if I am dining solo. 

I wonder what G had for lunch?   I'm sure most of his fans are more interested in knowing who he was waiting for.   I would hazard a guess, but he deserves  privacy and it would  be a safe guess at most.

I hope he enjoyed lunch.   Eating is one of life's greatest pleasures and with a little balance one can stay slim  and still enjoy it.  

I wonder if G. knows that fidgeting burns calories?   That's one base he's got covered for sure.


Songs out of tune, the words always a little wrong...Canzoni Stonate

No comments:

Post a Comment