Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Coriolanus Moment

Some great reviews and photographs coming from the Berlin Film Festival regarding Ralph Fiennes' Coriolanus.  The buzz has been building and it will be interesting to see how it does in the competition.  I am looking forward to seeing this baby, both for all the actors involved in the project, and to witness the talented Fiennes directorial debut.

My favorite photo so far is this playful one of Ralph Fiennes and Gerard Butler, which is open to interpretation. 





I've come up with three speculative scenarios...the first one having to do with a
 friendly reprise of the homosexual tension between Coriolanus and his adversary Tullus Aufidius between the respective actors in the roles... the second,  perhaps a fond director ruffling the hair of his young (in actions)  co-star as in  "Kid,  you did good in helping me sell this movie!" fashion,  or third  (this one gets my vote),  the follically challenged, but still handsome Fiennes saying to Butler:   "Lucky bastard!  I wish you could give me some of this mop!"

The Butler does have some great hair!  No doubt about it.


Songs out of tune, the words always a little wrong...Canzoni Stonate

No comments:

Post a Comment