Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Favorite Muse

I was searching for something new to say in my birthday wishes this year, and went to your astrological chart online to see if there was anything there that might give me some inspiration.  I noticed that we share some dominant rulership by the planet Venus which rules my Sun and your Ascendant.  We both also share a Venus in Scorpio.   My dominant planets are Venus, the Moon and Pluto which rules Scorpio and yours are Uranus, Venus and Jupiter.

I don't really know what any of that means, except as some more trivia to clog the mind, but for some reason (not to do with Astrology),  I "get" you.

While many fans are always looking back and lamenting that the look of the boy that was, is no longer, I am seeing growth in the man that you are becoming as a result of your experiences, your travels, in your search for the spiritual (even though I kid you), and your work and generosity on behalf of those less fortunate.  It shows on your face and I like what I see written there these days.  I love it that even with that growth, there is that irrepressible part of you that is forever a kid.  Don't lose it.

This has been a good year for you, artistically speaking, with two  bloody good performances to show for it, if not a ton of money.   I must tell you that you've never done anything better on your knees (well perhaps you have) than the scene in front of the slain family in Coriolanus.  I have yet to finish my review of that movie, which I will post when I can stop musing over how unlikable a character Coriolanus was.  Suffice to say that you did yourself proud, holding up your end in a movie with such steller performances  by everyone, but especially by Vanessa Redgrave and Brian Cox.  To my way of thinking any overacting that was done in this one was NOT done by you, dear Muse.  I found Aufidius, next to Menenious and the poor Virgilia, the only redeeming characters in the story and you did a bang up job bringing him to the screen.

As for your birthday,  looking back on last years wishes, I wish you those again and more.  In addition, I hope (if you desire it) that you find that "other" who can fill you up for more than a night, or a week or a month, if that person exists somewhere in the universe.  If they do not or they do not cross your path this year, then I wish you joy for joy's sake and that you experience many moments of bliss and enough temporary loves to warm your cockles.

Remember to "live in the moment" (I think you already do) and keep on being kind to the little guys.  That is one of your most endearing traits.

Hope you had a wonderful party to celebrate your life and your year.  Stay well, be happy and keep striving for balance.

With affection and getting in just under the wire,

Zoni

Songs out of tune, the words always a little wrong...Canzoni Stonate

No comments:

Post a Comment